Video Broadcasting & Editing
Master the art of communicating with video. Learn how and why different shots are combined to create powerful visual messages. Create commercials, short films and live video broadcasts.
This is a very student-directed program for those who want to take on an active role in:
- Broadcasting school announcements
- Broadcasting school sporting events
- Producing video content for the school TVs
- Recording Fine Arts performances
- Learning the basics of Adobe After Effects
All Video Broadcasting and Editing courses are worth five credits. Video Broadcasting and Editing 20/30 may be taken twice, but students will not earn 30-level credits until their second time taking the course.
The following Video Broadcasting and Editing courses are available at MCHS. Click on the name of the course to read its description.
Grade 10 Level
Grade 11 Level
Grade 12 Level
Video Broadcasting and Editing 10
Students learn the basics of video broadcasting and editing, including:
- Creating live broadcasts using the tricaster
- Composing camera shots
- Video editing
- Using a green screen
Projects will include making a live video broadcast, and creating various videos for the school, school division or a video contest.
Video Broadcasting and Editing 20/30
Prerequisite: Video Broadcasting and Editing 10
Students may take this class twice, but will not earn 30-level credits until they enrol for a second time.
Expanding on their basic video editing skills, students will learn the three stages involved in creating movies and broadcasts: pre-production, production and post-production.
Students’ projects will include:
- Video broadcasts
- Edited news pieces
- Using special effects / After Effects
- Edited videos / commercials
- 30-minute film / show
- A series of shorter videos
- A combination of videos and broadcasts